The Reclaimed life: Plastic bottles

Lets take back our life with the reclaimed and repurposed ways of living. There are so many ways we can reuse items we already have and save money time and you can teach your children how to repurpose while spending quality time with them.

What  can be reclaimed? Just about anything you can think of, but I like to think in terms of one step at a time I think picking one thing and starting and successfully finishing is much better than having a whole list of projects and only a few things get started. Doing one thing at time seems like your are not accomplishing as much when you getting more done. The time alone contemplating an overwhelming list can be time consuming.
So I will be once a week posting new reclaimed projects that can save you time money and can turn into something fun the whole family can do!

PLASTICS:
We all seem to consume a lot of plastic bottles. Bottles can quickly fill up our trash cans, just imagine how they are filling up our dumps. I have found some awesome tutorials on what you can do with plastic bottles, and I mean some useful ideas not just craft projects...even though those are fun for the kiddos, I think if it is going to be up-cycled it needs to at least have a really good purpose.

Pencil pouches:
I do realize that this DIY is Japanese, but I thought with the picture tutorial it could definitely be figured out and these are just so cool I just couldn't pass them up, I can see my kiddos school supplies and art supplies organizes in these nifty little containers.





















































































































Plastic bottle greenhouse:
This may a little bit more ambitious but is something that I will definitely do. Creating a plastic bottle greenhouse makes for an easy and cheap way to construct this building and with the amount of bottles used I bet that you could collect enough bottles from family and friends in no time.
The bottom picture shows a bed made from these bottles it was attached to the greenhouse picture but considering the cost it is for a box spring you could easily make this bed and then if you are not a fan of the plastic you could cover it up with a bedskirt.


Plastic bottle planters:
To go with your  greenhouse you can turn your leftover bottles into starter planters for your plants!




Pet food dish:
This is one is for our furry friends:)

Necklace from bottles:
If you would have asked me what this was made from I would have no idea that it was from plastic bottles so cute!

Several cute ideas for plastic bottles:


Scoop it:


Plastic bottle lamp:
I can see a cluster of these in a room !



Ok that should have given you some fun ideas to start making some fun plastic items. Let me know what you are making and if you come up with any projects on your own.


XOXO~Shana



Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we love to hear from you!

Instagram