Featured Shop: PopTabilicious



Hello everyone I hope everyone is having a good week:) I want to introduce this weeks featured shop:PopTabilicious Desiree's Jewelry, Beading & More! The owner and creator of PopTabilicious is Desiree, she is a kind and wonderful person along with the creative genius who has put a twist on Jewelry. I think it is fun and beautiful and I love that it is up-cycled. I will now let Desiree tell here story, so keep reading I hope everyone enjoys and don't forget to stop by her shop and pick up one of her wonderful pieces of jewelry:)

 I have always been a creative person. Ever since I can remember, if I saw something that I liked, I tried to make it. I always made jewelry as a little girl. I would make friendship bracelets, beaded jewelry and hemp bracelets and necklaces. Last year I wanted to make some cool, new, funky bracelets for my daughters. I decided to try pop tabs with yarn.
This is what I came up with: 














From there, it was like a domino effect. I just had to make more items with pop tabs! I thought, “Hey, why don’t I try this with hemp?”. Using a macramé style, this is what I came up with:








Then I tried different hemp colors and cord sizes. I wanted to find styles everyone could enjoy.

I then started expanding to other items, such as earrings and bookmarks:

I’ve also tried making napkin holders as well! (This is still a work in progress).






Lately, however, I’ve been focusing on a more elegant line of earrings and bracelets. These are done with a new style of stitching with embroidery floss. It appears as crochet, but actually I have no clue how to crochet! If you look carefully, you can see the zig-zag detail I have worked into the embroidery thread. You can find these items on my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PopTabilicious

My mind is always working on new ideas. I hope that I can continue to create this jewelry for a long time. Recently, my “tech” husband created a website for me! You can find it here: www.poptabilicious.com. We are still working out the details, and plan on adding a store in the near future. With 2 kids and working other jobs however, this has taken a little bit longer than I would like. I hope to have it fully functional before the end of February!




Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we love to hear from you!

Instagram