Featured Etsy Shop: Send Amy Bell Over


 








 I am so excited to introduce my newest featured shop : Send Amy Bell Over !
The artists/owner/creator is Amy Pitchford and she has an amazing story about her shop and how she got started. She is incredibly talented and I love her all of her work I will be personally buying something from her:)I think you all will enjoy her work too and I think she has something for everyone from her mixed media paintings to her handcrafted dolls, so everyone sit down grab your favorite hot drink and enjoy her awesome story. 


 I employ my family's folk art traditions to make spooky, yet cute, dolls and paintings. 
When I was growing up, my grandmother taught me how to sew rag dolls from scraps, and my mother taught me how to paint decorative, folk motifs on bits of salvaged wood. The themes of my work back then were naive and sweet; I was influenced by cultural icons like Holly Hobby and the Little House on The Prairie television show. I still use recycled materials and a naive perspective to create art, but my creative influences now come from darker sources like the Mexican Day of The Dead festival and Tim Burton films. I love to dream up and make strange creatures, and I hope to demonstrate through my work that seemingly weird or creepy things could actually possess lovable qualities.
 
Last year I had a lot of fun salvaging scrap pieces of lumber from construction sites, and painting creepy, yet cute, monsters on them.  The boards ranged in size from 4" x 6" to    9"x12." and I used acrylic paints. 
 
I have recently created a series of mixed media drawings called Jenny Pajama: Queen of Dreamland.  I draw the images with ink, colored pencils, and magic markers.  I use watercolors, or sometimes acrylic paints, to paint the backgrounds.  Each of the drawings is done in small scale they range in size from 4" x 6" to 5" x 7."  So far, Jenny's friends include: The Curling Dervish, Hover Clouds, Burping Gurples, Green Snaps (sometimes they are angry), and Red Screeches. 
  I currently have a few of the drawings for sale in my Etsy shop; Send Amy Bell Over.   




Another recent project of mine has been to embroider some of my drawings to make small scale pieces of hoop art.  I like to dream up silly monsters and anthropomorphic creatures, and embroidery has been a fun way to bring them to life! 
I am currently finishing a piece of embroidery titled "Zrp."  I think that is how space aliens say "Hello."  



 You can visit Amy Bell at her shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/  SendAmyBellOver

Check out her Facebook here:http://www.facebook.com/SendAmyBellOver


I hope everyone will visit her shop like her page and support her handmade business
Thanks so much for reading! 
Do what you love always and you will be rewarded!
Love you all -
Shana    

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we love to hear from you!

Instagram