What is Rubbishlove? It is my obsession with giving trash some new"zing! I love the creative challenge that up-cycling brings and I love the idea of creating something engaging from so called "trash" I am truly passionate about up-cycling,I think that are society's are so wasteful. We throw out perfectly acceptable items all the time. I walk through the alleys of my neighborhood here in Dayton,Ohio and look at what people are trashing. I am usually surprised at the quality of the items, but I am not just looking for shiny new things, I love items that are old and rustic and have character. Imperfection is perfection to me!

   I started out selling my signs( yep I make signs) on Etsy. I make them from pallet wood or whatever wood I can find :) making customized signs out of up-cycled wood led me down the rabbit whole to up cycling anything I could get my hands on.
  I decide to call my venture Rubbishlove! I have dabbled in blogging and website design for 10 years now. I Love  Photoshop and illustrator and photography, all these skills have come in handy for rubbishlove on top of my love for crafting. I sometimes hate calling it crafts it make me feel like an old lady but I guess that is the best way to describe what I do.
 My store on Etsy now has a variety of up-cycled items from my signs to handmade journals to watercolor paintings, and I'm adding more all the time. My husband even makes pallet furniture that is so unique and original.
 My favorite thing about Rubbishlove is how I can incorporate all of my favorite things into this and I don't have to settle doing something uninteresting and boring.  I believe that life is for happiness, I understand that things may not always work out the way you want them to but perspective really has the most to do with how happy you can be, I am working on it and myself daily, I never stop learning .


I am really close to my family, I have two amazing kiddo's that I spend most of my days with and my husband and I are soul-mates . My kiddos are Aden who is 6 and Leila who is 5 they are 15 months apart and are mistaken most times as twins


My Husband Doug and I have been married 7 years. We were married when I was 18 The stats are really not good for people staying together but over time instead of growing tired of one another we have grown super close! We of course have had are moments but we know that this is forever! I would never want to marry another man as long as I live he is truly the most extraordinary man I know!                                          


                                                                                         We currently live in Dayton Ohio which is where I was born and raised. I love Ohio there is so much to do and see. Dayton is beautiful to me ,I don't think most would say that but I love all the architecture and historic buildings and well my favorite thing is all the great places to eat, I love food:)

So that is a little about me, I love creating and you can catch me most the time at my desk designing something new!
If you have any questions or just want to talk feel free to email me! rubbishlove22@gmail.com



Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we love to hear from you!

Instagram