Lets Have a Little fun...Up-cycling Jewelry, How to!

Ok I have been on a thrifting kick here lately, I absolutely love digging through all that Junk and I mean Junk in a good way, I Like Junk! So I went to local thrift store the other day and saw a rack of jewelry ,all of the costume, vintage inspired jewelry and I was like DUH! Lets make some Jewelry! I have made Jewelry before and really enjoy it but let me just tell you it is not cheap! So I decided to show explain to how to take the old and make something new, and also Up-cycle some jewelry :) MY FAVORITE THING TO DO!!!! 

 *Also I am not a professional, I do not use professional terms nor do I care to so I will call things as I know them! Kay had to put that out there, didn't want to offend anyone!! Alright Lets Get started!


Where to find your Jewelry


1.The best thing to do is find old broken jewelry that you have or ask your mom and grandma's if they have any that you can have. They usually have some awesome 

vintage pieces, and you can usually come up with a stash of 
really cool pieces from people you know.
2. You can also go hit up your local thrifts store and get a lot of amazing pieces for inexpensive.
3. Check online you can get lots of broken jewelry from 
different sites
Also you can use some items like :
  • old t-shirts
  •  twin 
  • rope
  • ribbon
  • skeleton keys(make awesome jewelry)
This should get you started making some dandy Jewelry.....

Dis-assembly.....The fun begins
I don't know how most of you feel but, I usually don't go into these thing with a vision of what I am making, I usually lay what I have out on table and look and start piecing together different parts. This seems to work for me but having a plan is never a bad thing, I am a on a whim kinda person.. 

-So you can take apart your jewelry with pliers or if you have something similar you do not want to break anything when your dis-assembling. 
- You can take jewelry and attach it to
other pieces, or you can make something  totally new and orginal!




Be Creative and have fun!
The best part of this is creating jewelry that is all you and your style! You have the control to piece together something totally fun and original! I have some examples below,maybe you can get your own inspiration! 




Enjoy, Let me know what you come up with

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we love to hear from you!

Instagram