Pretty up-cycled basket tutorial!!

Here is a my pretty up-cycled basket tutorial!
Below are the pictured instructions and text to follow as well, 
if you don't understand something or have questions please let me know I will
do my best to answer all questions!




Ok so I have seen a lot of these up-cycled plastic bags, where you fuse the plastic bags together with wax paper and an iron, my tutorial starts after the actual fusing of the plastic bags so here is a tutorial for that here if you need it!
So lets add our own flair!!


Here are the steps that follow the pics have fun :)
1. I have fused my bags together and made sure that the edges are straight, ( I dont have an actual size because it could vary with your plastice bag fusing), but you do need:
-2 pieces that are the same size for the sides of the bag
- 1 piece for the bottom that is the same lenght as the two side pieces but 
not as wide
2. measureing all sides to make sure the are even and matching up to one another
3.&4. I  am adding  lace to the sides
to give it some pretty flair and I am measuring the sides of the plastic bags 
5. I am measuring my lace to fit the sides of my bag and then cutting to match
6. Lets Sew!
7. using my pins to mark put together the sides and the bottom 
8. sew all sides together inside out
9. Flip bag out, and you have your self a cute little basket...add straps and you have a pretty little up-cycled bag!


  
I hope you enjoy all this tutorial I will be making more and I will update you on my newest upcycled bags!!
Have a great day,
<3 Shana
Check this out for more inspiraion
http://1goodthingblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/manic-mondays-fusing-plastic.html#.UJMZildSSVp

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we love to hear from you!

Instagram