Diy Looked Over Items that will Spruce up your home! For Almost NOTHING!!

These looked over items, I run across a lot of and most the time they are shoved away, I thought may this would inspire you guys if you have some of these items to do some diy home decor! Enjoy the list!!


Green Door Diy:
I have seen so many doors tossed into attics and basements, because they are replaced by new plastic or metal ones, Yuck! I would rather keep the wood door, but sometimes they need replaced because they just cant serve there purpose anymore, well here are some great ways to still keep those old doors around and looking great!

Chalk board door! 


Make your own, at home even if you didnt have it hung as a door on a frame you could prop it agianst the wall and still use it as a chalkboard for kiddos. Chalkboard paint is EXPENSIVE, so here is a homemade recipe too for making your own Chalkboard paint!
door-upcycle
 {YEA EXTRA TUTORIAL} MAKE YOUR OWN CHALKBOARD PAINT!!!
Supplies: 1/2 cup acrylic paint (choose any color you like, or mix colors together to make the perfect shade!), 1 tablespoon unsanded grout (this can be purchased at most hardware/home improvement stores, we got ours at Home Depot), mixing cup or bowl, spoon, paint brush and an object or board you plan to paint on.
1. Measure out your paint and grout. The unsanded grout is a fine powder so be sure to work in a well ventilated area.
2. Stir the grout into the paint until no lumps remain. 3. Paint your surface with your new custom chalkboard paint! The paint will begin to harden once it is mixed, so only mix what you need at one time as it won't store as well as other paints.
Once your chalkboard has fully dried be sure to slate the surface before using it for the first time. To slate a chalkboard lightly rub chalk along the surface and then lightly rub it off.
Chalkboard 5
Back to doors..........
Love this one Coffee Table of doors
door-upcycle 
 Doors for your garden..Beautiful!
door-upcycle 
Door Shelves.....
door-upcycle 
Door couch...
door-upcycle 
 Door Headboard{one of my Favorites!}
door-upcycle 


Wooden Ladders
 These are another great item that is looked over and tossed to the side, if you can get your hands on one there are some great ways  up cycle some home decor!!





 These are so cute and so easy to do.....I hope you are inspired by them like I am !


Drawers 
  This is one I didnt really think about off the bat, but when I Saw some diy for this I was like DUH, why didnt I think of that....Drawers make great home decor!
 Make planters, wall art...So much fun stuff!


Old Windows
this is another Item I sometimes I find in the attics and basments of old house that would 
be perfect for some of these projects!
Reclaimed Window Coffee Table

 the secret to having it all is knowing you already do




I like the vintage fabric


Old windows and chalkboard love! 
Ok I hope that inspired you all to go out and find some stuff in your attics to up cycle! Let me know what you find I am always curious to see what everyone is up too!
Have a great Day!
<3-Shana

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we love to hear from you!

Instagram